Other Stuff...

Mar 17, 2014

Green Mini Quilts

For St. Patty's Day today, I'll show you these cute green mini quilts I made last year for my friend Cathryn. She has a second-hand shop called "The Green Room," and she caters to musicians' and performers' clothing (hence the name "The Green Room.") I got some green fabric and got a little crazy making several cute little green mini quilts to help with her shop's decor.

This Qbert-inspired mini is my favorite. It's made with a diamond template. Figuring out how to sew these at the corners was challenging, but now, I'd love to make a huge quilt in this pattern:

Here's a chevron that I had fun with. I love half square triangles... the more the better...

Speaking of HST: this was my favorite mini, because of that awesome blue-green paisley print. I loved using it for the binding as well.

And here was my first foray into Dresden plates: These two came out so cute:


And more/leftover HST.

I had a lot of fun making these little minis. I think I made them all in just one weekend. My favorite part was trying out new techniques on a smaller scale. Now bring on the Qberts!

No comments:

Post a Comment